I am a big fan of trying to make as many things by hand as possible. It’s just so nice to eat something where you know exactly what is in it instead of food that has a list of ingredients where you can’t even pronounce half the words. Since my last granola bar making experience worked out so well – I decided to try my hand at bread. It was harder to find a good bread recipe because a lot of them require a bread mixer which I don’t have. Which is why I was so excited to come across this breakfast loaf.
Here’s how I made this delicious morning treat:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 and grease a rectangular pan.
2. Grind up oats in food processor and then combine with flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In separate bowl combine honey, oil and milk.
4. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients together thoroughly and then pour into greased pan.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove and let cool.
Super healthy, super easy and definitely super delicious. Because everyone needs a reason to smile in the morning!