I love roasting vegetables because there are absolutely no rules as to which ones you put in. It’s the perfect way to use up some veggies that are just about to pass their prime. For this particular batch I threw in some mushrooms that were about to go bad, baby carrots that looked too funky to eat raw and half a red onion I had no other use for. The recipe for roasted vegetables is very simple:
- Chopped veggies of any kind (Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, etc.)
- 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil (depending on how many people you’re serving)
- Seasonings (my favorites are salt, basil and rosemary but feel free to experiment)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chopped veggies on a tray and pour oil on top. Sprinkle on seasonings. Combine well with either your hands or a utensil of choice.
3. Place in oven for 20-30 minutes until veggies are at desired tenderness. Remove and serve. Perfect as a great side dish or healthy snack!