These are my favorite snack/side dish because they’re so yummy and also super good for you. Plus they’re very easy to make. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fries
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Sweet potatoes (about half a sweet potato per person – or more if you have healthy appetites!)
- Olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel skin off the potatoes. Chop potatoes into thin strips (try to make them as even as possible so they require the same amount of cooking time).
3. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil until evenly coated. Add salt and combine thoroughly. You can also add any other herbs or spices you’d like (pepper, cayenne, etc).
4. Lay potatoes flat on cooking pan and place in oven.
5. After 20-25 minutes you can remove the pan, flip the potatoes and return them to the oven.
6. After another 10-15 minutes (so about 40 minutes total cooking time) they should be evenly cooked. There will likely be some crispy sides and some tender sides but that’s okay – the variety just makes them even more fun! They are best served right away but can also be kept in the fridge and reheated later if you have leftovers.
Useful tip: When you have a free moment chop up a bunch of them and keep them in an air tight container in the fridge. For the rest of the week you’ll be able to grab the amount you need and toss them in the oven for a convenient side dish.