I enjoy Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte but I’m not a huge fan of all the added sugar in it. So when I stumbled upon this healthy homemade recipe I just had to give it a try. I had leftover pumpkin puree from my pumpkin oat pancakes and this seemed like the perfect way to make use of it. Definitely a great pick-me-up in the morning!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serves 1 (But can be easily multiplied to make as many as you desire)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used soy milk which brought out the sweetness really nicely)
- 2 rounded tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I used Splenda but honey, agave or sugar would work great too)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- coffee (I used just under 2 coffee cups going by the markings on my coffee pot – probably equals about 200ml – but you can use more or less depending on how strong you like it)
- you can also add other spices like cloves or allspice if you have them on hand – it’s totally up to you
1. Brew coffee.
2. Warm milk in microwave. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, sweetener, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Pour in coffee and stir well.
With the arrival of fall it’s the perfect treat to enjoy on an early morning, after a long day at work or to curl up with on your day off. Mmmm…so good!