After making an incredibly delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte last week, I still had more pumpkin puree to make use of. So I was very grateful to come across this recipe. It is the perfect example of a healthy treat. It literally tastes like a smoothie version of pumpkin pie filling but every single ingredient is good for you. How can you say no to that!?
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Makes 1 small dessert sized smoothie (if you want it to be more of a meal I would recommend doubling the ingredients)
- 2 iced cubes
- half a banana (frozen and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweetener (I used Splenda)
1. Blend iced cubes and frozen banana.
2. Once they are broken down add oats, pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweetener.
3. Once thoroughly blended transfer to a small glass and eat up with a spoon.