My grocery supplies are dwindling but I somehow managed to find a recipe that I slightly modified to fit everything I had on hand and I’m happy to say that it went very well. Plus I’ve really been craving Thai food so it was just meant to be!
Curried Chicken & Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used half sesame and half grapeseed but any oil will do)
- 3 chicken fillets or 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 10 shrimp (more or less to taste)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 pepper (sliced and core removed)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can coconut milk (I used light coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger (ground or minced)
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 cup rice (I used brown but any will do)
1. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and let sweat for a minute. Add in carrots and wait a minute or two. Add in pepper and stir. After a few minute stir in the garlic. While the vegetables cook chop the chicken into cubes and take tails off the shrimp.
Note: This could also easily be done with red or green curry paste – according to your preferences. And it couldn’t hurt to throw in a little lime zest or a bay leaf if you have them on hand. Extra yumminess I say!