Well, any recipe that involves peanut butter is good by me!This recipe is nice because it isn’t too heavy on the peanut butter so you get that nice nutty flavor without it being too rich. I didn’t have any flax seeds on hand so I made some alterations to the original recipe but they still turned out great. They’re a great way to kick off your day!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used grapeseed)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place muffin cups in muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl combine peanut butter and oil. Add banana and mix well. Stir in eggs and water.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool – or if you’re me, snag one to eat for breakfast right away!