After many cases of trial and error through the years I finally discovered the trick to the thickest, creamiest smoothie:
If you make your smoothies with all frozen fruit they come out with a texture so thick they practically have to be consumed with a spoon! Using a frozen banana also helps to create the thickness and a little bit of Splenda goes a long way in terms of frothiness.
The following is just one example of the fruits you can use but feel free to play around with whatever you have on hand. As long as there is frozen fruit, banana, yoghurt and milk – you can’t go wrong!
Serves 1 as a meal or two as a snack or beverage
- Half a banana (sliced and frozen)
- 4 strawberries (cut in half and frozen)
- half a peach (cubed and frozen)
- quarter of an avocado (cubed and frozen)
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
1. Begin by blending frozen fruits in a food processor.
2. When they have broken down add milk, yoghurt and Splenda. Continue to blend.
3. Transfer to a glass and drink up!