I am extremely excited and truly honored to have been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award. As an actor my friends and family (as well as random acquaintances and the occasional passer-by) have joked about the fact that they wish to be mentioned in my future Oscar/Golden Globe/Emmy speeches. And perhaps one day I will in fact be cramming an over-read, crumpled cue card into the cleavage of my multi-thousand dollar Vera Wang dress so that I don’t make a public spectacle of myself as I accept an award. But that isn’t a goal that I have realistically set for myself. A goal I have set for myself, however, is to entertain and inspire people with my blog. And this award means I have done just that.
To start off, I really have to thank The Rubbe for nominating my little old blog for such a lovely award. It really means a lot! I must also thank my family and friends for constantly allowing me to pause the serving of appetizers and sparkling beverages so that I can snap pictures of my creations. I also owe them many thanks for always inspiring me with a new post when I feel like I have hit a writer’s block. And finally, I send a huge thank you out to each and every reader who has stumbled across my blog. Whether you came for a witty comment or healthy recipe, or even if you typed “nudist at work and at play” and wound up coming across little old me (yes my friends, wordpress does let us know that) I send you a big thank you for your many visits and wonderful comments.
The award involves 4 simple steps:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to seven others.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Well, item #1 has already been accomplished so let’s move on to item #2, 7 things about me.
1. It would be an absolute dream to me to make my living entirely off acting, writing and any other creative endeavors.
2. I LOVE buffets more than it is natural for any human to love. I mean – why would I want to scan a menu for a quarter of an hour trying to pick out the thing I want the most when I can just try EVERYTHING!!??
3. I want to travel to every continent and as many countries as humanly possible.
4. When someone introduces me to a new TV show that I like, I have a tendency to fall off the face of the earth as I attempt to watch the whole series in as little time as I can.
5. I will eat absolutely anything with sugar in it. Some of my favorite places in the world are Sugar Mountain and the candy section of the bulk food store. Chocolate makes everything better. One time I even ate an entire Betty Crocker cake mix raw, directly from the bowl – it was quite the accomplishment – not advisable – but an accomplishment none the less.
6. I have been admitted to the hospital twice. Once to get my appendix removed and once because my grandmother put rat poison in my easy bake oven dish and I thought it was candy. It wasn’t. This revelation was disappointing on many levels.
7. I love exercising with friends and family. It is so much fun to stay active and get to know people at the same time.
And now for my chosen nominations! Here they are in no particular order:
- Brunch For Every Meal – So witty and clever that I will in fact be baffled if she hasn’t already been nominated several times.
- The Pursuit of Hippieness – Great recipes, wonderful inspirational advice and even some creative DIYs. There really is something for everyone!
- Check My Pulse – A really honest and fun blog about a talented writer’s thoughts on fitness and nutrition.
- The Confidence Chronicles – Such an honest portrayal of one girl’s journey to becoming a more confident and self assured woman. Always entertaining and inspirational.
- Being Zhenya – A great exploration of fashion, style and DIYs. Lots of great tips and tricks!
- Frugal Feeding – So many great recipes that are delicious and affordable!
- Candicepeak – Lots of great advice on staying active and leading a healthy and happy life.
Thanks again to The Rubbe and all y’all. This award really has made my day!