Okay, I virtually always like the things I cook. Even if something I whip up may be disgusting, the fact I made it makes it my baby and I feel I am required to like it. But this…this dish is AMAZING. I seriously feel like you could find it in a restaurant. It’s nutty, creamy and delicious.
I used this recipe almost verbatim: Soba Noodles with Shrimp, Snow Peas & Carrots — with a few exceptions…
1) I realized after I had started that I only had half the amount of shrimp I needed. So I pan-fried a diced chicken breast in sesame oil and added it to the mix at the same time as the sauce. I strongly recommend it!
2) I accidentally used snap peas instead of snow peas — but it was still delicious!
3) I forgot to add the cilantro which was sad but I have plenty of leftovers that I will load up with the stuff.
4) I think I added close to an extra cup of grated carrot which I think made it even better so I would totally recommend doing so.
5) I used these super cool soba noodles I found at my local health food store:
They’re 95% buckwheat and 5% sweet potato! How cool is that!? If you can track them down I can practically guarantee you will love them. Enjoy!!